Do you often feel like you never do a good job at looking after your family or business?
If so, you’re not alone. It’s a common feeling that entrepreneurs of both sexes have when they combine work and family pressures.
When virtual assistant Zirtual.com asked entrepreneurs how they manage to balance work and home, the one thing they unanimously mentioned was scheduling time.
It may seem crazy, especially when you work from home, but it makes perfect sense.
If you schedule time for work, then why not for yourself and your family?
Here’s some tips to help you start scheduling:
• Set clear times for work and home time and don’t deviate.
• Every day schedule time for yourself. Meditation is great for helping you to quieten your inner critic and enhance your inner confidence, while exercise is a fantastic stress-buster and gives you valuable thinking time.
• Schedule time for a family activity you all enjoy, it can be as simple as going for a walk or playing a board game.
• Make dates with your partner. Our loved ones are often at the back of the queue when it comes to giving our time. But scheduling regular dates can help you remember why you got together in the first place.
• Don’t neglect your friends! Block time out ahead just as you would do for a doctor’s appointment.
• Try and keep weekends free for family and friends only.
• During family time, make sure it’s quality time you spend together by banning laptops, smartphones, PlayStations or in fact anything that distracts you from talking to your partner and kids. Be in the present and enjoy it!
• If you’re having problems sticking to your schedule, use an old-fashioned calendar on the wall to block out times for family and friends; a physical reminder can stop work encroaching on valuable down time.